Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mike Lange = Quotation Gold!

Mike Lange is the Hall of Fame play-by-play broadcaster for the Pittsburgh Penguins. He was also probably dropped on his head as a kid, judging by his Langeisms, which hockey fans everywhere are thankful for. Here are just a few gems:

Scratch my back with a hacksaw!

Get in the fast lane, Grandma! The bingo game is ready to roll!

He beat him like a rented mule!

Oh, how much fried chicken can you eat?

He smoked him like a bad cigar!

Oh slap me silly, Sidney!

And that's just after the Pens score. Here's some more gold:

He hit him so hard his kids will be born dizzy!

That was a million dollar move, but [the goalie] had two million in his pocket!

Lord Stanley, Lord Stanley, give me the brandy!


Unfortunately, I don't think Mad Mike will be saying that last one this year. As much as I'll be cheering for the Pens, reality says the Red Wings will win the Cup in 6.

Just to show I have no humility, I told you the Wings and Pens would win their respective series!

No comments:

Post a Comment